Easter has come early this year! 🙂 yaay..
Apart from Christmas, Easter is one of my favorite holidays. It brings back childhood memories of anxiously waiting and staring at all the chocolate eggs on the shelf above the fridge. And finally on Easter morning being able to have, once a year, chocolate for breakfast. Yuum..
Unfortunately, I spend my Easter holiday so differently now as a ‘grown up’ which requires me to do adult university things such as writing assignments! 😦 But.. just that one time a year I allow myself to have chocolate for breakfast 🙂
When I saw the Cadbury Mini Eggs in the shop early February, one of my absolute weaknesses, I just had to make chocolate Easter cupcakes with chocolate frosting 🙂
20g cocoa powder
1,5 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
40g soft butter
120 ml milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
100g melted dark chocolate
300g icing sugar
100g soft butter
50g melted chocolate
1. Preheat oven on 170
2. Beat butter until softened. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until well combined.
4. Measure the flour, baking powder, vanilla, salt, and cocoa powder into a small sized bowl and whisk to combine.
5. Add dry ingredients, milk and the egg mixture and beat until combined.
6. Melt the chocolate and add to the batter.
7. Scoop batter into cupcake cups and bake cupcakes for about 20-22 minutes.