Cupcakes are my thing!! I mean – I love eating them and nonetheless make them!! They are fun, pretty and you can easily let your creative mind flow and create your own little special sweet treat. Yuum..
Anyways, I few weeks ago I did what I usually do when looking for cupcake inspiration! I simply typed into Google ‘Cupcakes’! Creative search term, I know!.. haha.. As I was scrolling down through pages and pages of images, while selflessly chewing away on the addictive Cadbury Mini Eggs and drinking coffee, I changed my search term to ‘Easter Cupcakes’! Honestly, some of the images there are mind blowing and people’s creativity soooo inspires me! And lot of those images were decorated with Cadbury Mini Eggs :p That is what I decided to make that night. Find it here. 🙂
But after clicking on one image which lead me to a website, which then led me to another website and so on, my search finally resulted in that I found a mouthwatering recipe on Cadbury Creme Eggs!
Cupcakes + Cadbury Creme Eggs = Oh my!! YUUUUM!! 🙂
So here is my version of the Cadbury Creme Egg Recipe! This recipe is so delicious and easy to make!
Important note: Just remember to freeze your Creme Eggs before baking, otherwise it will be a complete mess!
Cadbury Easter Egg Cupcakes
- 350g flour
- 300g sugar
- 100g butter
- 70g cocoa powder
- 100g melted chocolate
- 360ml milk
- 1,5 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla powder/sugar/extract
- 3 eggs
- 24 Cadbury eggs (FROZEN)
- 200g soft butter
- 500-800g icing sugar (depending on how thick you want the frosting)
- 1,5 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. milk
1. Place the eggs in the freezer until completely frozen. I froze mine for about 6 hours.
2. Preheat the oven til 175°C (350 F) and make cupcake forms ready.
3. Mix together butter and sugar until combined. Add eggs, one at the time, and mix until light and fluffy. Add the dry ingredients, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, vanilla, salt and mix until completely combined. Add the melted chocolate to the batter along with the milk and beat until combined.
4. Fill the cupcake forms ¼ full and place an egg in the middle (thick side) down in the batter.
5. Top eggs with another 1-3 tsp. batter.
6. Bake for 18-20 mins. Remember when checking if cakes are finished to place a toothpick on the side of the cake, as the egg is in the center.
1. Beat the soft butter until creamy and add icing sugar until you have reached the desired consistency.
2. Add the vanilla, salt and milk.
3. Top cupcakes with frosting, decorate and enjoy.
Keep in an airtight container for 5 days in the fridge!