I’m absolutely humbled to be nominated for this award by the lovely Jhuls from The Not So Creative Cook 🙂 Thank you so much 🙂 aaand I’m so sorry for not accepting this award and not passing it on sooner.
Jhuls’s blog was one of the first blogs I visited when I started blogging again (after over a year’s break) and I’m so happy I did. Jhuls has a wide range of recipes to try and the first recipe I made from her blog was the amazing Tiramisu Cupcakes – which truly was ‘Love at first bite’ and a great hit 🙂
Now.. 7 random facts about myself..
1. I’m both a coffee and tea (any kind) drinker – and a heavy one! 🙂
2. I speak 3 languages fluently. Faroese (native tongue), Danish and English.
3. I absolutely LOVE salted liquorice.
4. I almost always wear black – because it makes me look thin?
5. Macaroon is one of my favorites sweets to eat but I can’t master making them. I’ve tried countless times and they don’t turn out as perfectly as when I buy them.. Grr.. I guess practice makes perfect!
6. My eyesight started to deteriorate when I started University – yes, I read a LOT! I’m short sighted so now I use either glasses or contacts everyday!
7. I don’t go on any rides in a theme park – too scared.
Now for the nominees:
The Brave Little Baker
The Crazy Mom Cook
Congratulations 🙂 yaaay.. And for the rules:
‘Shine On’ Award rules:
- Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Acknowledge that blogger on your blog, and link back.
- Share seven random, interesting things about yourself.
- Nominate up to 15 bloggers for the ‘Shine On’ Award, provide a link to their blogs in your post, and notify them on their blogs.
Hope you enjoy your award and have a wonderful day 🙂
As I was researching on how to make tiramisu cupcakes I found two versions on how to make them. The first one I found was at The Not So Creative Cook’s blog. Her recipe looks delicious but is rather different from Martha Stewart’s. I decided to try out The Not So Creative Cook’s one and I must say it is absolutely delicious. 🙂 If you want you can leave out the chocolate powder and keep it as a regular vanilla cupcake and dip it with the coffee mixture (with some liqueur if desired) just as Martha Stewart does. 🙂
Tip: When using vanilla pods – mix all the delicious vanilla corns with a bit of sugar to separate the corns for ultimate flavor.
Tiramisu Cupcakes Recipe
Makes 12 cupcakes
For the cupcakes:
8 Tbsp of super strong coffee
80 ml of Oil
180 g Flour
230 g Sugar
2 Tbsp of Cocoa Powder
¼ tsp of Baking Soda
¼ tsp of Salt
1 tsp of Vanilla Extract/Paste
3 Tbsp of Milk
250 ml Heavy Cream
280 g Mascarpone cheese
75 g Icing Sugar (Confectioners’ sugar)
Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius, line a cupcake pan with liners and set aside.
1. In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cocoa and set aside.
2. In a large measuring cup or a mug, add the warm water and instant espresso and let it sit for a few minutes.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the eggs and sugar until you reach a light and fluffy mixture. Then add vanilla, milk and vegetable oil, coffee and mix everything together so that you have a smooth mixture.
4. Add the dry ingredients and mix them in just enough to combine but not over mixing.
5. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Let the cupcakes cool completely.
To make the topping:
Beat the cream in an electric mixer until stiff. Make sure you don’t overbeat it. In a different bowl, beat Mascarpone cheese until fluffy, add icing sugar and beat until smooth ( I also added a bit of vanilla). Gently fold cream into cheese mixture. Pipe immediately onto cupcakes and drizzle with cocoa powder.
Note: The mistake I did was that I forgot the icing sugar to my topping, which made it look rough and over beaten. 😦 But it still tasted delicious 🙂
If you love tiramisu then this recipe is exactly for you 🙂
I’m back. 🙂
It is sad to say and to admit that I have not been active on my blog for over a year.
Horrible – I know!
I started this blog with the intention of showing my love for fashion and food, and I absolutely loved the all the time spent searching on the internet for inspiration from other bloggers and fashion websites. It was fun, I felt creative and got rather obsessed on buying new clothes to blog about. (I mean, who doesn’t love that, right?!)
However, once I started on my law degree it kind of took over my life and consumed at lot of my time – not only because English is my third language, but lets face it, law is pretty much a foreign language by itself. So, I had to push through, stay strong and trust me it has not been easy – JUST another 5 semesters to go! yaay.. I know I can do it and before I’ll know it I will be graduating.
During my ‘‘occasional” procrastination from studying I rediscovered my passion for baking and cooking. I love being in the kitchen! LOVE IT. So when I’m not making dinner – I bake. And I mean a lot! I love making cupcakes, cakes, pastries – you name it. And yeees, I have a sweet tooth which has resulted in a few extra kilos. Ooops.. 😉
Sooo, this time around I will set my main focus on food but also on fashion, and my everyday life. 🙂
Hope you will enjoy it 🙂
Hey guys, ever since I started UNI again my life has become so busy. Honestly, i spend most of my time in the library and my social life, once again, is at its minimum. law is hard and its hard to get to know all of the terms, and simply keep up. However, i’m up for the challenge and am determent to keep on going! 🙂 its week 3 already which means there are only 10 weeks to go – and time sure flies by!
I’m going to work till 9pm tonight and come back at 7am tomorrow morning to finish my tutorial work!
Enjoy the rest of your day 🙂
Today I attended an event I was invited to by Queensland University of Technology, where the Lord Mayor of Brisbane and his colleagues payed a special thanks to the international students for our contribution to Brisbane city and labour force. It was quite a nice ceremony with speeches, food and drinks, live music and a performance by a group of Indigenous Australians. I got a certificate of friendship and had an opportunity to network with some of the leaders in the work force.
Here are some pictures 🙂
Hey guys, today I went to Orientation week but honestly it was pretty boring, so I just left after attending a 3 hour lecture. However, I bought all of my law books.. 🙂